Tuesday, January 5, 2016

When You Wish Upon A Star ☼

Sometimes I wish I knew how to fly. When I was little there were so many times I just wanted to get up from where I was, usually listening to parents arguing or something of the sort, and fly away. I always thought about how freeing it would be to be able to leave like that. I’d be unstoppable if I knew how to fly, I thought. Fortunately, even at the tender age I was, I knew that flying just wasn’t going to happen. I’m not Peter Pan. I can’t just sprinkle a little bit of fairy dust on the top of my pretty little head and float away.

I still feel that way sometimes.

It’s getting better, though. I’ve worked on a lot of my feelings as an adult, and with each passing day it gets better. I think that’s what adulthood is supposed to do for you. I think it’s supposed to bring you out of whatever funk it was that clouded your childhood.

It’s like flying…
But without all of the pain that would be involved if I actually tried to do so.

~ Red

No comments:

Post a Comment