Sunday, September 13, 2015

20 Things About Red


1. I was named after my mother's best friend. They shared homeroom when they were in high school, and they became best friends. They're still very much in each other's lives. I love that I can share my name with someone who is so beautiful; inside and out.


2. I'm really into astrology. I love multiple forms of divination, but astrology is one I have always understood and loved.

3. My birthday is January 14, 1993 - which makes me a Capricorn. 


4. My sister is my half sister because we have different dads, but as Amy says in The Wedding Date... "You're my half sister, but I whole love you." 


5. I'm a self-proclaimed bunny-obsessed activist. I have owed only two rabbits (mostly because I am just now really entering adulthood), but learning about the creatures has proven to be one of my favorite things to do. My first, Lola, was a dark brown and white Dutch rabbit who was just 3 1/2 years old when she passed, presumably, of uterine cancer. My heart was so broken. It took me 10 months before an opportunity came up to take ownership of a friend's 4 1/2 year old Holland Lop, Yoshi, because she was moving 9 hours away for college. He is currently the only "baby" I have, and I'm so glad to have been given the opportunity to be his bun parent.

6. I'm a wedding planner certified by the Association of Bridal Consultants. Weddings are my second obsession, and my oldest one at that. There are many stories told about three-year-old me sitting in my hair dresser's salon, picking out wedding hair and looking through magazines at wedding dresses. The only difference now is that I pick that stuff out for others.

7. My official thunder buddy for life and I met through my aunt and uncle. My uncle is one of his dad's really good friends. To this day my aunt hasn't let it down that she's the reason I met the love of my life. 

8. I've thought about going back to school eventually for something animal-related. I am thinking either vet technician or animal behaviorist.

9. I'm a Michigan native with the heart of a Southern woman. J and I plan on moving to south, hopefully Florida or North Carolina, within the next 3 years. My family has traveled to New Smyrna Beach, Florida for nearly two decades, and we're hoping to settle down somewhere near there.

10.  I'm a music lover to the max. My tastes are very eclectic. One minute I'll be listening to Shinedown and the next I'm enjoying the sweet sounds of Duke Ellington. 

11. I have two tattoos that mean the world to me, and I'm working on designing more. I love tattoos and their meanings. I think the permanence is my favorite part of tattoos. 

12. Two of my three best friends live out of state, and I miss them dearly. Sometimes it's almost tear-inducing how much I miss them. Luckily, in the day of technology, I have Facebook, Skype, and texting to keep in constant contact with them. My third lives in town. 

13. The relationship between my mom, my little sister, and myself is unique. I wouldn't change it for the world. They're the rocks that have always kept me grounded. Always.

14. When I was younger I wanted to be a marine biologist, so I could study the social patterns of killer whales. I was 8 years old. 

15. Baby fever... it's been constant since 18 years old, and it only gets worse as I get older. My friends are getting married, having children, and buying houses; all while I'm sitting at home in my pj's, writing a blog, planning weddings, and taking care of my babies (both J and my furbabies, of course!). 

16. Iron Man is my favorite super hero...ever. I absolutely love him, and the story that goes along with Tony Stark. I have been planning a tattoo for a while of an arc reactor with the idea that it will represent something like what a phoenix does. Being reborn from your own ashes, ya know?  

17. I built my first PC when I was 11 years old. My mother owns a computer store, and you could probably say I've followed in her footsteps. 

18. I know how to play several instruments; my favorites include trumpet, French horn, and guitar. 

19. I absolutely despise cake frosting. It's way too sweet for my liking. I'd much rather have fresh berries on a cake or perhaps a pie in lieu of a cake with frosting.

20. I'm glad that I'm done with this because I suck at talking about myself. 

~ Red

No comments:

Post a Comment